For the protection of your children during your car rental period, child safety restraint seats are available at Europcar locations in Ireland upon advance reservation. If you're on the road with your children we can help to make a long journey easier, safer and more comfortable. Even better, with Europcar, it could cost from €6.81 a day more.
Children under seven years of age must wear a child restraint or booster seat when travelling in a car for improved safety. In Ireland, Europcar offers three variants of child safety restraint seats:
- Infant Safety Seat. For children 0-12 months old (0-9kg)
- Toddler Safety Seat. For children 1-3 years old (8-18kg)
- Child Safety Seat. For children 4-7 years old (14-26kg)
All three options can be added during your booking (depending on availability).
The type of restraint will depend on the age of the child as follows:
- Children aged under 3 years must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint
- Children aged over 3 years must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint OR a forward facing child restraint with an inbuilt harness.
For your child's safety, remember these key tips:
- Carefully review both the child restraint and vehicle instructions
- All children should be buckled up in the back (never place a child restraint seat in a seat with an active airbag)
- Always get a tight fit - the restraint should not move more than one inch from side to side or front to back
- Make sure that the harness straps and clip are positioned and secured appropriately
- Set the example - always buckle up yourself!
- Comply with all child restraint laws and ensure that for all children under the age of seven years the restraint has been fitted correctly according to the age of the child and that the restraint is properly adjusted and fastened.
Europcar wishes you and your family a safe journey.